Estimated reading time: 0 minutes
Find the perfect Rum Cocktail recipe for every occasion.
You might enjoy reading it with a drink, if so see our Pina Colada Rum Guide.
Rum is a versatile and flavorful spirit that has a place in your cocktail repertoire no matter the time of year. In this guide, we’ll share some delicious rum cocktail recipes for every season, from refreshing summer sippers to cozy winter warmers. Grab your favorite rum and get ready to mix up some amazing drinks all year long!
Strawberry Basil Mojito
Spring is a time of renewal and freshness, making it the perfect season for a bright and fruity cocktail. The Strawberry Basil Mojito is a twist on the classic mojito, with fresh strawberries and basil leaves adding a burst of flavor.
- 2 oz white rum
- 1/2 lime, cut into wedges
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 3 fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 5-6 fresh basil leaves
- Club soda
- Muddle lime wedges, strawberries, and basil leaves with simple syrup in a cocktail shaker.
- Add white rum and fill the shaker with ice.
- Shake well and strain into a glass filled with ice.
- Top with club soda and garnish with a strawberry and basil leaf.
The ultimate summer rum cocktail, the Piña Colada is a refreshing blend of pineapple, coconut, and rum. This classic tropical drink is perfect for poolside sipping or a beachside barbecue. For the best flavor, be sure to use a high-quality rum like one from our list of the best rum for Piña Colada.
- 2 oz white rum
- 2 oz pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 oz cream of coconut
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- Pineapple wedge and cherry for garnish
- Combine rum, pineapple juice, cream of coconut, and lime juice in a blender.
- Add 1 cup of ice and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a Hurricane or Collins glass and garnish with a pineapple wedge and cherry.
Spiced Rum Cider
As the weather cools down and the leaves change, embracing fall’s warm, comforting flavors is time. The Spiced Rum Cider is a perfect blend of spiced rum, apple cider, and warming spices like cinnamon and cloves.
- 2 oz spiced rum
- 4 oz apple cider
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Apple slice and cinnamon stick for garnish
- Heat the apple cider, cinnamon, and cloves in a small saucepan until warm but not boiling.
- Remove from heat and pour into a mug.
- Stir in spiced rum and garnish with an apple slice and cinnamon stick.
Hot Buttered Rum
Winter calls for a cozy cocktail by the fireside, and Hot Buttered Rum is a classic choice. This rich and decadent drink combines dark rum, brown sugar, butter, and warm spices for a soothing and satisfying treat.
- 2 oz dark rum
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- Pinch each of ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice
- Boiling water
- Cinnamon stick for garnish
- Combine brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice in a heatproof glass or mug. 2. Add the dark rum and fill the glass with boiling water, stirring to combine and dissolve the sugar and butter.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick and serve immediately.
- Bonus: Any Season
- Dark ‘n’ Stormy
- The Dark ‘n’ Stormy is a versatile cocktail that can be enjoyed year-round. This simple yet flavorful drink pairs dark rum with spicy ginger beer, making it a favorite for any season.
- 2 oz dark rum
- 4 oz ginger beer
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- Lime wedge for garnish
- Fill a highball glass with ice.
- Pour in the dark rum, followed by the ginger beer and lime juice.
- Stir gently to combine and garnish with a lime wedge.
What are some of the best rum cocktails for each season?
Here are some of the best rum cocktails for each season:
- Hot Buttered Rum: This classic cocktail is perfect for a cold winter night. It’s made with rum, butter, sugar, and hot water, sure to warm you up.
- Eggnog: This creamy and decadent cocktail is another great option for winter. It’s made with rum, eggs, milk, sugar, and spices and is perfect for sipping by the fire.
- Mulled Wine: This spiced wine cocktail is perfect for a holiday party. It’s made with red wine, rum, spices, and citrus, sure to get you in the festive spirit.
- Rum Daiquiri: This refreshing cocktail is perfect for a spring day. It’s made with rum, lime juice, and sugar, and it’s the perfect way to cool off on a hot day.
- Mojito: This minty cocktail is another great option for spring. It’s made with rum, mint, lime juice, sugar, and soda water, and it’s the perfect way to enjoy the outdoors.
- Pina Colada: This tropical cocktail is perfect for a day at the beach. It’s made with rum, pineapple juice, coconut cream, and ice and will surely transport you to a sunny beach.
- Cuba Libre: This classic cocktail is perfect for a summer barbecue. It’s made with rum, cola, and lime juice, sure to quench your thirst.
- Plantation Punch: This fruity cocktail is another great option for summer. It’s made with rum, pineapple juice, orange juice, grenadine, and lime juice, and it’s the perfect way to cool off on a hot day.
- Dark ‘n’ Stormy: This smoky cocktail is perfect for a night out. It’s made with rum, ginger beer, and lime juice.
- Apple Cider Rum Punch: This warm and cozy cocktail is perfect for a fall gathering. It’s made with rum, apple cider, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves, and it’s sure to get you in the fall spirit.
- Spiced Rum Old Fashioned: This classic cocktail is perfect for a cool fall evening. It’s made with rum, bitters, sugar, and water.
- Pumpkin Spice Martini: This seasonal cocktail is perfect for a fall party. It’s made with rum, pumpkin spice syrup, and cream, sure to get you in the festive spirit.
What are some tips for making great rum cocktails?
Here are some tips for making great rum cocktails:
- Use high-quality rum. The quality of your rum will make a big difference in the taste of your cocktail.
- Use fresh ingredients. Fresh ingredients will give your cocktails a brighter and more flavorful taste.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment. There are no rules when it comes to making cocktails. So experiment with different flavors and combinations until you find something you love.
- Have fun! Making cocktails should be enjoyable. So relax, have fun, and be creative.